Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jagger Does Facebook


 


I must admit I was perplexed

Last night while surfing Facebook,

Cuz the spotted face before me eyes

Caused me to take a relook!



I couldn't help but wonder then,

How such a thing could be?

So I leaned in for a closer peek...

To verify you  see!



And there he was, tongue hanging out,

Long snout as clear as day.

His friend request in front of me...

There was little I could say.



I quietly accepted it,

There's no way of course I wouldn't.

Though something deep inside of me...

Thought -- perhaps maybe I shouldn't.



Could Jagger somehow really be...

A dog with computer savvy?

The visual inside my head...

Seemed twisted and uncanny!



I immediately tried to clear...

My mind of the sight within it.

Of Jagger mounted on a chair...

Encrypting data tidbits.



But the images inside my head:

Just wouldn't seem to shake!

My newest Facebook friend it seems...

Is somewhat of a fake!



He usually sits and lays around,

But now he sits and types??

There has to be a mastermind...

Behind this Facebook hype!



A puppet master sits above

This masquerade no doubt!

I wonder who the first 'twill be...

To root this mystery out?



Though Jagger be a clever dog,

This has to be a joke!

'Cause I don't want to be the one...

That Jagger first will Poke!



Imagine the embarrassment...

To challenge him in Scrabble;

Then lose to him decisively,

In a wordy K9 battle!



And just suppose he makes a post,

With a photo...near a hydrant,

Sharing what is on his mind...

Though hardly post compliant!



What would you all be thinking then?

When Jagger hikes his leg?

Perhaps the world's ready NOT

For a K9 spouting megs!



So I'll leave you to contemplate

This jump to cyberspace!

Be glad his breath will not transmit...

While staring at his face!!



And if his nose...gets really close...

To the screen...well, just beware:

He may just start to sniff you out...

Much closer than you'll care!



And just when you're in need of help,

You'll desperately plead and weep.

Instead of help – you'll only find...

That Jagger's fast asleep.



2012



No comments: