Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Me and My Kleenex Box

Me and My Kleenex Box

Well,
Now I’ve went and done it.
I caught myself a cold.
It seems a wad of tissues now
Is all I ever hold.

I cough.
I sneeze.
I blow my nose.
All day as well as night.
This war on mucus has become…
A never ending fight!

Its medicines,
And vials of goop,
Then off to see the doc.
A pain inside my throbbing head…
And a voice that does not talk.

I’m sick and tired of breathing not.
And feeling ‘Oh so Blah’.
Where grabbing Kleenex from the box…
Has turned my nosy raw!

I toss.
I turn.
I cough.
I gag.
I sneeze and then I gasp.
It seems a good night’s restful sleep…
Is something of the past.

I cough.
I hack.
I feel like crap.
It’s like some voodoo hex.
I guess I’ll sit and feel like heck…
Just me and my box of Kleenex.

Clint Gardner 2011

No comments: